Drain lines and grease traps are an integral part of any hotel, restaurant or any commercial kitchen. Grease traps are meant to collect and separate excess solid
waste and Fats, Oil & Grease (FOG) from the waste water coming from kitchen sink and stop it going into the pipe lines and wastewater treatment facilities like
STP. FOG needs to be removed on regular basis from the GT to avoid slow working and clogging.
Normally when the waste water is thrown down the sink; it enters the trap. The FOG floats on the top surface while the heavier solid particles settles at the bottom
of the trap. The middle layer of the waste water is allowed to flow down the treatment plant.
If the GT is not cleaned on timely basis and when it gets clogged
- FOG is carried forward to the pipe line & ultimately to the treatment plant (STP); it disturbs the smooth working of the plant as it is very tough to degrade FOG. In this case the STP may function as septic tank (Anaerobic conditions)
- Rotten smell (Hydrogen Sulfide) coming from the GT is very common problem if GT is not functioning properly.
Similarly drain lines gets clogged very often due to release of FOG from the kitchen sink. FOG tend to get accumulated into the pipe line over a period of time. In such a case drain pipes tend to clog when few solid particles and left- over food is thrown into. It gets stuck with oil & grease. If you come across such untoward conditions like drains are clogged and GT is not in good working condition; it may lead to health code violations & unsanitary conditions while seriously interfering with your daily business operations. Clogged drains lead to kitchen down time which can prove to be expensive, especially in high foot fall quick service restaurants.
Why is drain line treatment necessary in hotels, restaurants or any commercial
1) FOG (Fats,Oil and Greece ) from waste water from kitchen gets accumulated into pipe lines over a period of time.
2) Drain pipes get clogged.
3) It may lead to health code violations and unsanitary conditions .
4) Which may lead to seriously affecting your daily business operations
5) This may lead to increased kitchen down time, which can prove to be expensive, in high foot fall quick service restaurants.
HOW CAN WE AVOID THIS SITUATION? BY OUR DRAIN LINE TREATMENT !
- Grease traps are set up to collect and separate excess solid waste and Fats, Oil and Grease (FOG) coming from kitchen sink.
- The FOG floats at the top surface while the heavier solid particles settle at the bottom of the trap.
- Only the middle layer of the waste water is allowed to flow down the treatment plan.
- This is how FOG is stopped from going into pipe lines and waste water treatment facilities like STP
- FOG is removed on regular basis from GT (Grease Traps) to avoid slow working and clogging.